Sunday, November 8, 2015

If



 If

If I acted nicer then maybe you would come back. But you would have to call me for me to do that.
If I forgot the past and started over, you would like me better. Right?
If I let go of my standards and went along with your pace we would work. But you’re at page one and I finished the book.
If I straighten my hair and painted my nails your favorite color you would complement me.
If I tired, really really tired then just maybe you would come around to liking me again. Please.
If I stopped my heart and became the cold hard calloused person you are then possibly you would understand how hard it is to love a person like you. I don’t know how to stop.
If I wasn’t me and more like your ex then maybe I could get the same consideration you gave her. 

But

If I became her, I would be a dipsy lackluster prude that never lets the light shine from out of me.
If I wasn’t weird there wouldn’t be my charisma to appreciate, my smile to love.
If I became like you, so walled up inside, I wouldn’t be the breath of fresh air I am, bringing freedom to those all around.
If I changed my looks to suit your needs then how would all admire me? I’d just be a conformed flunky who didn’t love my own unique exquisiteness. The I am queen.
If I let go of all that I stand for then who would be there for all to look up to?
If I forgot the past then how would I know what made me? What God has used to build me up.
If I wasn’t stern then how flat would I be because they walked all over me?
If I continue to love you then what will happen to me? Who will love me? Not you I see.
-Tiffany Li

No comments:

Post a Comment