Friday, November 20, 2015

Sorry 2013




Dear Mr. You Know Who You Are,
Hey, it’s been awhile and no I don’t mean to ruffle your feathers but I wanted to say that I am sorry. It’s been so long and things have gotten so crazy but it’s that time of year and you’ve been on my mind. I’ve been thinking for a while and now that I’ve had time, I realized what I did wrong in our breakdown. For years I’ve been blaming you, putting it all on you when I’m just as bad to blame. Even worse when I think of it.
I blamed you for things that I was wrong for doing. I asked for way more than a man can possibly give. I pulled you and strained you. Used you and abused you. Left you hanging when I was out there claiming the victim. It wasn’t fair of me and I’m sorry for that.
But please, don’t let me interrupt your life now. I know you probably have a girlfriend and I wish you all the best. I just wanted to stop in and say that I am sorry. You were never wrong. It had to take a lot of bad guys after you to knock me into the realization that you were a good man. Not perfect, we never are but good and I hope that the next girl you decide to love can appreciate all that you are.
I hope that you’re still that good guy and if not, I’m sorry for turning you sour. You were good to me, it took years and heartbreaks and life altering pain to see that. I am sorry for not seeing the gem you were in a pile of rocks.
And no, I’m not saying this just to get back together because I couldn’t appreciate you the way you should be and probably never will. I just wanted to free you from any guilt you might have had about us. I just wanted to tell you. 
I’m sorry. 
-Tiffany Li

No comments:

Post a Comment